Join our Team!
Corus Radio Ottawa is always on the lookout for great new talent to join our vibrant, fun and winning culture!
You will be joining a collaborative and inclusive culture that encourages a passion for learning; helping to create a work environment that embodies the Corus Core Values of winning together, thinking beyond, making it happen, learning everyday, and showing we care.
Content, Social and Street Team Coordinator – Promotions and Public Relations
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Division: Cornwall Radio – Promotions & Public Relations JUMP! 106.9 & boom 99.7
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Ottawa, ON (Hybrid)
About the Role:
JUMP! 106.9 & boom 99.7 have an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Content, Social & Street Team Coordinator in our Ottawa location. Reporting to the Promotions Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing of content, social and promotional efforts including online / social, street level activities, charitable partnerships and public relations. If you are energetic, positive, organized and a self-starter, send us your resume!
You will contribute by:
- Play an active role in brainstorming social content with the Brand Director, Promotions Director and their teams.
- Maintain and upload show content (episodic content, video content, photos etc); some editing and writing will be required.
- Work with internal stakeholders to gather / coordinate content.
- Leading and supporting social media activities across brands and platforms; including content creation and audience engagement
- Support the Promotions department both on site and in office including prize distribution.
- Be the face of Corus, interact with listeners and clients, creating positive brand associations.
- Manage on-site events, including communicating with community leaders, scheduling the Street Team, equipment checklists, vehicle maintenance etc…
- Ensure on site equipment is operating properly with ability to trouble shoot any problems that may arise.
- Assist with Social Media feeds and maintenance.
Skills and Experienceyou will bring:
- Post-secondary education in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- A very positive attitude with a desire to excel.
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail is a must.
- Full understanding of all social media outlets.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fully capable with computers including Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, Excel and Internet activity.
- Experience in a fast-paced media environment an asset.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required for promotional activity.
- A valid “G” class Ontario driver’s license and an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Application Deadline: August 30, 2023
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022
The Globe and Mail’s 2022 Report on Business Best Executive Award
The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business 2022 Women Lead Here