Join our Team!
Corus Radio Ottawa is always on the lookout for great new talent to join our vibrant, fun and winning culture!
You will be joining a collaborative and inclusive culture that encourages a passion for learning; helping to create a work environment that embodies the Corus Core Values of winning together, thinking beyond, making it happen, learning everyday, and showing we care.
Street Team Member – Promotions and Public Relations
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Are you looking for an awesome job that will get you into the coolest events around the city? A job that PAYS you to hang and engage with people? A job to JUMP! start your career in media?
If you love being in social situations and love being the life of the party, then we want YOU!
Corus Radio Ottawa is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have a youthful, outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you LOVE engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
About the role
Reporting to the Promotions Assistant and Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing our radio stations all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You’ll also have the opportunity to fill roles in administration, digital and social media!
You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid of approaching people, or of having too much fun!
- Represent Corus Radio all over Ottawa and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
- Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on!
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
- Be able to assist the digital team by sharing Corus content across social media and the creating and shooting of video!
- Be responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Be able to fill in on reception as needed.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional and social media experience is an asset
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day – Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us, and our workplace pretty unique – and amazing.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures
Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022
The Globe and Mail’s 2022 Report on Business Best Executive Award
The Globe and Mail’s Report on Business 2022 Women Lead Here