Join our Team!
Corus Radio Ottawa is always on the lookout for great new talent to join our vibrant, fun and winning culture!
You will be joining a collaborative and inclusive culture that encourages a passion for learning; helping to create a work environment that embodies the Corus Core Values of winning together, thinking beyond, making it happen, learning everyday, and showing we care.
Street Team Member
Are you looking for an awesome job that will get you into the coolest events and concerts in the city? A job that PAYS you to hang at bars and engage with people? A job to JUMP! start your career in media?
If you love being in social situations and love being the life of the party, then we want YOU!
Corus Radio Ottawa is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have a youthful, outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you LOVE engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
Reporting to the Promotions Assistant and Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing our radio stations all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You’ll also have the opportunity to fill roles in administration, digital and social media!
You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid of approaching people, or of having too much fun!
About the Role:
- Represent Corus Radio all over Ottawa and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
- Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on!
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
- Be able to assist the digital team by sharing Corus content across social media and the creating and shooting of video!
- Be responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Be able to fill in on reception as needed.
What We Need From You:
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional and social media experience is an asset.
Hours: 15 – 20 hours per week.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to Ryan.Forsyth@corusent.com no later than October 30.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
About the Role
Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager in our Ottawa market. Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for expanding our retail client base and maximizing local sales revenue on JUMP! 106.9 and boom 99.7.
- Sales & Service & manage of existing accounts
- Develop new revenue streams from unassigned accounts
- Provide on-going support to ensure optimal client service
- Ability to coordinate creative from initial sales meetings through to preparation of ads for client approval
- Ongoing awareness of our customers’ day to day challenges
- Receivables control
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience
- High level of initiative/self-motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- An ability to determine client marketing goals and needs
- Aptitude and ability to absorb and apply analytical data
- Computer literate – working knowledge of word/office
- Conceptual, creative thinker and problem solver
- Must enjoy fast paced work environment that is based on team and individual effort
- A valid driver’s license and reliable automobile
- A positive, outgoing friendly manner based on customer service needs
- Proven track record in business development
- High level of knowledge in social/interactive media sales
- Graduate of Business, Communications or related program
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to:
Alex Stone, Sales Manager
1504 Merivale Road Ottawa, Ontario, K2E 6Z5